Statutory name: Stichting Society of Lateral Access Surgery (SOLAS®)
Mission: The specific purpose of SOLAS is to shape the future of lateral access spine surgery through collaboration among members, exchange of ideas, and the promotion of new techniques that benefit patients. The Society will accomplish its purpose by establishing a collective of spine surgeons with a common interest to advance minimally disruptive lateral access spine surgery techniques through clinical research, peer-to-peer education, and community (member and patient) outreach initiatives.
Policy Plan: SOLAS will maintain and update a Policy Plan outlining how it performs its activities to achieve the objectives and mission. SOLAS activities include scientific research, annual and regional research meetings, and educational courses all focused on minimally disruptive lateral access spine surgery. Initial funding for SOLAS to perform its activities will be through corporate sponsored grants.
Board of Directors: The SOLAS Board of Directors is composed of the following voluntary positions.
- Jim Youssef, MD, President
- William Taylor, MD, Vice President
- Pedro Berjano, MD, PhD, Secretary
- Juan Uribe, MD, Treasurer
- Greg Malham, MD, Global Research Director
- Robert Eastlack, MD, Global Education Director
- Stephen Ryu, MD, Global Membership Director
- Gregory Mundis, MD, North America Regional Director
- Cristiano Menezes, MD, Latin America Regional Director
- Markus Quante, MD, PhD, EMEA Regional Director
- Ashish Diwan, MD, PhD, Asia Pacific Regional Director
- Hiroshi Taneichi, MD, Japan Regional Director
Activities Reporting: An annual activities report will be completed and shared following the first official year of SOLAS as an independent organization.
Financial Accounts: SOLAS is an independent foundation. Financial reporting for 2016 can be found here.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.