Statutory name: Stichting Society of Lateral Access Surgery (SOLAS®)
Mission: The specific purpose of SOLAS is to shape the future of lateral access spine surgery through collaboration among members, exchange of ideas, and the promotion of new techniques that benefit patients. The Society will accomplish its purpose by establishing a collective of spine surgeons with a common interest to advance minimally disruptive lateral access spine surgery techniques through clinical research, peer-to-peer education, and community (member and patient) outreach initiatives.
Policy Plan: SOLAS will maintain and update a Policy Plan outlining how it performs its activities to achieve the objectives and mission. SOLAS activities include scientific research, annual and regional research meetings, and educational courses all focused on minimally disruptive lateral access spine surgery. Initial funding for SOLAS to perform its activities will be through corporate sponsored grants.
Board of Directors: The SOLAS Board of Directors is composed of the following voluntary positions. In addition, SOLAS is currently in the process of recruiting and hiring an Executive Director who will be a paid employee of the organization.
- Luiz Pimenta, MD, PhD, Past President
- Frank Phillips, MD, President
- Jim Youssef, MD, Vice President
- Vedat Deviren, MD, Global Research Director
- Juan Uribe, MD, Global Education Director
- William Taylor, MD, Global Membership Director
- Gregory Mundis, MD, North America Regional Director
- Cristiano Menezes, MD, Latin America Regional Director
- Pedro Berjano, MD, PhD, EMEA Regional Director
- Ashish Diwan, MD, Asia Pacific Regional Director
- Hiroshi Taneichi, MD, Japan Regional Director
Activities Reporting: An annual activities report will be completed and shared following the first official year of SOLAS as an independent organization.
Financial Accounts: SOLAS is a newly independent foundation and does not have financial records to share at this time. Financial reporting will be published within six months after the end of the first financial year.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.